When you are on holidays but you are under stress that after the holidays you have to take an exam, then the individual will not be able to enjoy his or her vacations. But this is merely thinking, just think if holidays help you in getting good grades in exams.
Holidays can prove to be beneficial when the students have to take some competency exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
Nowadays, the youth over the world is crazy about migrating to foreign countries and settling over there. Some students want to migrate to other countries for higher studies. So, when a person is on a holiday mode and he or she has to prepare for the IELTS test, some of the following techniques can be considered.
Before checking the techniques to prepare for IELTS test while on holidays, check some of the helping notes available on the internet regarding IELTS speaking tips, IELTS essay writing tips, IELTS reading task tips and IELTS listening tips, these notes will help you in learning the best tricks to crack the IELTS exam.
Nowadays, there is also computer-based IELTS exam available for applicants which quite a convenient form of taking IELTS exam. It is termed as CELPIP.
- Draw a plan – It’s obvious that when you are on holidays, you may not get time to study but you will have to make it a habit to study daily for some time. For this purpose, make a study plan that you will study for sometime in a day.
- Get up early in the morning – Make a habit of getting up early in the morning because this is the time when your brain has more energy and you will be able to grab more. When you will practice for the IELTS test in the morning, the later part of the day can be used for hanging out with friends and having fun with them.
- Talk to people – Talking to more and more people in the non-native country will enhance your speaking skills. The tourists’ first language is usually English and conversing in the English language is the best trick to polish the speaking skills of the person. So, talk to more and more people and tourists while you are on travel.
- Use online prep apps – The applicants can also make use of online prep apps. A number of people take help online while preparing for the IELTS test. The writing help could be sought from the best websites providing guidance on writing patterns and styles say Assignment help Sydney. Not only this, but there are also some apps which helps you in exercising your speaking, reading and listening skills. Just have a look at those online resources and apps. You will get a lot of help form those online prep apps to crack good bands in IELTS exam.
- Keep pace from distractions – Always stay away from the things that distract you while you study. Keep your mobiles aside or keep them on silent or off mode because the mobiles are the greatest distractions nowadays. Stay away from noisy places, forget about any party that is happening near your place.
- Look for a study buddy – Finding a study buddy is another best way to prepare for IELTS test. If you are with your buddy while studying IELTS, you can share each other’s experiences and also solve each other writing, speaking, reading, listening problems.
- Take adequate sleep – Get enough sleep and don’t stay up too late. Because if you will not get adequate sleep for at least 8 hours, your brain will not get refreshed and the learning ability of the individual will also decline. So, taking adequate sleep is a must while you are preparing for an exam.
- Take time for Exercise and meditate – Studying for hours can make you mentally tired. So, take some time to meditate, it will calm your mind and regenerate the brainstorming power within you. Also try up doing some physical exercises like Yoga, jogging and walking in the free time. Your nerves will feel relaxed and refreshed.
- Use handy resources – English is the language that could be learned by some easily available resources also. The applicant can make use of podcasts and internet for getting help related to the IELTS material to crack good bands in the IELTS competency exam. Podcasts are also the best ways to polish up the English Language skills. Podcasts are digital audio files that can be downloaded from the internet and the person can listen to it anytime while on the flight. So, add some IELTS speaking practice lessons in audio devices like I-pods and listen to them and try to speak. These handy resources while on travel will help you a long way to practice IELTS test.
- Rewarding – When you study for long hours, take complimentary breaks in between and don’t forget to reward yourself. Go out, have some good eatables and eat a cake slice from a good food outlet. Else go for shopping or hang out with friends. These little rewards will help you to keep going with the IELTS practice tasks to be done every day.
- Practice by taking Full-length tests – As you have a good deal of spare time when you are on holidays, so practice test samples related to IELTS exam. This will help you in getting familiar with the IELTS test format and structure.
- Read – Don’t waste the free time you get when you are on holidays. Make a habit to read some magazines, the latest articles on the internet or read newspapers. Reading will help the aspirant to crack good bands in IELTS exam. While you read, underline the new vocabulary words and see the meaning in the dictionary. Also, learn some new phrases and sayings to write in the writing task 2 of the IELTS test. Watch the sentence formation and writing styles the authors use in magazines.
- Write travel stories – Writing the essays while you are on holidays can be boring. But you have to prepare for the writing tasks as the writing task is quite tough as compared to other IELTS tasks. So instead of writing essays, write a travel diary where you will describe the travel stories. Make a list of the topmost things that you did and you will do. Remember you use the perfect sentence formation structure and good vocabulary words and lexical resources. So, connecting the writing task with the traveling experience will make the writing task more fun and entertaining.
There are some best countries for international students from where the students can pursue specialized degrees and can get vast and successful employment fields to opt for. The countries like Australia offer several educational opportunities to the students such as best courses for Australia PR. By pursuing those courses, the students can get easily eligible for Permanent Residency in Australia. Canada also offers vast opportunities to immigrants like the best educational courses to opt for. A number of PR courses in Canada are available to become eligible for Canada PR. Not only this, but there are also ample specialized courses in the field of engineering, IT, project management, management, etc. So, immigrating to the foreign countries is extremely beneficial for the people to avail number of educational and employment opportunities, but for that IELTS exam is the first footstep to pass through.
Follow the earlier said IELTS preparation techniques while you are on travel to crack good bands in IELTS test. In this way, you will never get distracted from your way of preparing for the best for your IELTS test. If you will keep these tricks in mind, you will enjoy your holidays too and will also feel easy to prepare for IELTS exam.
Original Source of Article: https://www.bloglovin.com/@myinfoexpert/polishing-ielts-exam-skills-while-travelling-3426387